Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Today was my due date, but instead of being in the hospital, or being at home wondering when I would be ready to go to the hospital, and all of the other questions that go with delivery, like, is everything going to be ok? How long will it take? How bad is it going to be? How much weight am I going to loose? Instead of questions like these, Katie, Jayme and I get to hang out at home and pass out candy. This is much better than the alternative.
As a side note, that fateful Tuesday that I got admitted to the hospital with a serious illness, the first thing that the nurses did, before they checked my vitals, or explained what was going on, or even before we were settled into our room, was to give us a little Halloween tee-shirt and a hat. I have to admit, I wasn't really thinking baby at the time, I still had three weeks to go, and I wasn't sure what to think of the gesture, other than the nurses were really excited about babies. Now that three weeks have passed, my child and I are at home and mostly healthy (the cold is still hanging on a little) it is fun to put on the shirt and wish you all a happy Halloween.
P.S. I tried to get a cute one, but it just woundn't be.

4 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

awww, so cute!! I love it! Kayden is wearing a halloween shirt that says the exact same thing today :-) I love her little pirate eye look in the first picture - arrr matey!

Peggy Glasmann said...

She definitely looks like a pirate in that first picture. It is great for Halloween. I am just glad that she is here and healthy and that both of you are doing so good!!

Anonymous said...

Yup, she looks just like Jayme - pirate look and all.

Unknown said...

Adorable!