Friday, November 9, 2007

Inventory!

So this week my Lowe's store has been doing a storewide inventory. We got five days (Sunday though Thursday) to count and recount every item in the store and then resolve discrepancies. For a large part of the actual selling floor, we had an outside inventory service come in to count things. We just didn't want to count bulk hardware and repair plumbing pieces. We had 18 people on the inventory crew and we were all scheduled for 6am-3pm shifts for the five days. Needless to say that was optimistic. Sunday I started at 6 and finished around 6:30. Quickly went home to eat and then crashed. Monday was a repeat- 6 to 6. Eat and crash. Tuesday was more 6 to 6:30, picked up Virginia and voted, ate, and crashed. But I got Wed off because we were supposed to avoid overtime and I already had 33.5 hours in three days. Enter thursday. We had to finish today- no questions about overtime. I started at 6am again...and left the store at 9:45 pm. having only had one lunch break and one 15min break. I was tired. And my legs and back were stiff as a board this morning. But I got almot 8 hours of overtime!!! yea. Virginia is just glad that I will be home and we can eat normal meals again. Anyway...there was my fun update of the week. I'll relax today and return to 4 closing shifts starting saturday.

3 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

ick! I'm so sorry. That sounds rotten-er than rotten! Is that a word? Pretty sure it isn't. Anyway, glad that inventory is over, but closing doesn't sound like much fun either! Good luck, hang in there!

ollie said...

You make me feel like a slacker. Stop that!

Jocelyn said...

Hey Virginia, I tagged you on my blog. Head over to gjmatthews.blogspot.com to find out what you need to do. If it's not at the top, scroll down to the post called "tagged again."