Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Thanksgiving Surprise



Virginia and I did a little surprise vacation this last week. The Friday before Thanksgiving I arrived at work and found that my schedule would unexpectedly grant me a four day weekend. So V and I quickly plotted to use that time to make surprise visit home to see the fam's. I managed to switch to an earlier shift on Wed. and we left from the Lowe's parking lot at 3pm. We drove through the night, only stopping for gas and a short one hour break at Deadman's Pass (see blanket pic). We didn't want to arrive too early...but the pass had snow and after about 45 min the car was so cold we had to start moving again.
We arrived around 6 at the Glasmann's and asked if we were early for breakfast. After some confusion from the old parents in bed (brain matter is foggy) the confirmed excitment to see us and a few hours later we enjoyed a hearty Glasmann breakfast of bacon, sausage, cheese eggs, and coffee cake. Delicious. We then made our way over to

V's place and managed so surprise her mother too. Isn't that a classic face? The morning was beautiful.
We got to see my sprouting nephews, Kay2 was sick but still amusing. Keegan is the cutest thing.
We did the Family dinner in Salem, then spent the next day with V's Mom and Mike and Ross, played some fun card games too. Munchkin will be the family favorite before long. Saturday we headed up to V's Dad's and enjoyed an amazing lunch in a little cafe. The food was great. We'll be back for that again! We enjoyed some card games in Astoria and then had a tasty warm dinner with the fam. Sara showed up an brought Cadence and Ethan...My how they have grown. Sunday we drove back to Utah so I could open the next morning and V could get back to teaching. 2200 miles and a lot of fun! We were so glad to get back...since we are missing Christmas this just really helped us take a break and not miss everyone so much! Thanks for the great time...feel free to visit us on short notice too:)

4 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

seriously, so awesome that you came out!! We totally loved it, it was fabulous to see you two, and I loved Keegan getting so excited when he recognized you "It's my UNCLE JAYME!!!" I'm so glad you guys surprised us!! We love you!

Jessica G said...

It was way fun having you guys here!!
I'm tagging you... Wa ha ha
Here is what you do. You can blame Shane and Ollie..they started it.
Here are the rules:1. The player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves - try to find 6 you haven't already posted about. 2. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names, and then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog for the rules.

mo said...

well I have blogged and already lost it. it was a nice one too. this is possibly going to revolutionize me, that being said I may not remember that we can do this, untill of course I remember and realize what a wonderful thing it is again. It was great to talk to you today V I love you guys lots and more, me

ollie said...

So when are you guys moving out here??? Shane and I were just talking tonight how cool it would be if you guys moved to Indiana. Not that we're trying to persuade you in your decision making or anything.... okay, yes, we are....