Sunday, March 8, 2009

New Things


As Katarina gets older and more aware of the world around her I find myself more and more excited to introduce her to new things. She is quick to explore new things and happy to meet new people. She has had a lot of new experiences this week including grass, great aunts, pickle juice (I put a little on my finger and she loved it), second cousins, a johny jump up, great great aunts, better sitting, avocado, and the biggest of them all, teeth. Besides the incoming teeth, she has enjoyed her new experiences. She has loved all of the attention that she has gotten from her extended family and was thrilled with grass. It is a lot of fun to watch her in her johny jump up. She hasn't figured out that she can jump in it yet but she likes to sway and spin, and chew on it.

As for the teeth, we are all adjusting to them. She has two that are barely starting to pop up, one on the top right and one on the bottom right. She has a really hard time falling asleep and her naps are averaging 15 to 30 minutes, sometimes she'll sleep for up to an hour in the morning but very little in the afternoon. Thankfully she still sleeps pretty well at night, waking up only once to eat. She is a little more fussy than normal and all she wants to do is eat (which is making me really sore) but she is still pretty happy most of the time and she is so cute I just have to smile. I hope you have a great week (and I hope I survive mine).

2 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

Teeth?! WOW!!! That is awesome! Would love to see a pic of said teeth, but I know it's hard until they come up better. How cool! And mmmm, food - Kayden LOVED avocado and still does, that is one of the first things I gave him too! wow, I can't believe how big she is getting, sitting up and everything! Miss you guys!

ollie said...

I gotta tell you Jayme... your wife and daughter are BEAUTIFUL!!!! That picture of them together is amazing! You are one lucky man!