Sunday, March 15, 2009

Somebody make it Stop!

Once again I return to the blogosphere, a domain I usually leave to my wife. Today she is feeling quite exhausted and overwhelmed, due in part to a little girl who just refuses to take any naps which results in abject crankiness, and because I CAN'T GET HEALTHY. For those of you who read my previous post on my story of sickness, allow me to add a sequel. I would call it a post-script, but this has too many chapters to qualify. When last I left you I was taking meds to reduce inflammation in my bronchial tubes so that I could stop coughing. I was also held to voice rest in an effort to one day speak normally again. Progress was good, after two weeks the coughing was mostly gone and I was starting to fully regain my voice- with brief interludes of hoarse whispers.
Enter Saturday. For some discouraging reason I began to cough with more regularity and force on Saturday. While this frustrated me I did not believe it was anything out of the ordinary. Then came the headache, the sore neck and back, and finally, the fever. By Sat. night I was shivering uncontrollably for about an hour and my fever spiked up to 102.5. YEA! Good thing I'm going back to the doctor on Monday. Of course, that was supposed to be a final check-up and clean bill of health. But nooooo. Anyway, got a blessing, lots of tylenol for the fever, spoke with an on call doctor, his guess is I have a new virus and it is reactivating all my old symptoms. More info tomorrow.
Needless to say I am frustrated. I also feel horrible that Virginia is once again responsible full time for our little Katy and me. Poor woman hardly gets any sleep and I'm not allowed to help because I'm probably contagious and have been cast out into our little office.
Katarina is now five months old. She has an appointment on Tuesday when we should be able to update with height, weight, etc. We are also hoping to be able to start her on some real food soon. She sure likes watching us eat and just loves the little tastes we give her. She is still full of smiles. This week she got to spend a lot of time outdoors, playing in the grass and enjoying the feel of wet grass and dirt in her toes. She would be happy for hours outside. Hurry up spring!! She has also started to roll over and sit up by herself for short periods of time. The rolling over is cute, she gets real excited and then realizes she is on her tummy and doesn't like it anymore.
Anyway. Since I'm the post writer...no pictures. But when Virginia doesn't feel so overwhelmed she might get around to it. Feel free to call and talk to her, she would love some interaction since I'm sick. Love you all.

5 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

DUDE. Would you please stop getting sick?! As if you don't feel that way already.......... Geez, at least stop milking it for all it's worth ;-) No really, I am so sorry that you are sick again and I really really hope it passes quickly - maybe you should try some Tahitian Noni juice, isn't that a cure-all? I heard it tastes great too..... ;-)

Peggy Glasmann said...

Let's hope this one is a VERY SHORT bug and that you can quickly get on the mend, but I am not holding my breath. (Except maybe when you are around!) Have Virginia and Katy move out here and we will skype you and tell you we love you!!

The Barton's said...

Wow so sorry you are sick again. I have had a rough season as well but luckily not as bad as you. Also I noticed there is a . where barton five should be on you list of blogs. I went in a did an adjustment. Hope it doesn't stay a . for long. Don't know what is up with it. LOVE YOU

JVKsquad said...

aww....now i'm gonna miss the . Don't know what happened but i've enjoyed it:) Thanks for the support guys. Can't wait to be healthy again, been almost 2 months now.

Unknown said...

I heard about the persistent illness - no good. Get better! Your little one is sooo cute btw.