Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Great Day for a Walk



We have had a few beautiful days here this last week. Katarina and I were able to walk along the river front with Jayme's parents twice this week. Katarina enjoyed her stroller rides, most of the time. When she wasn't enjoying her stroller she was enjoying grandpa's shoulder. Jayme is still sick. Mid-week he was starting to feel better but Friday and Saturday were not very good. He assures me that he is getting better again. We'll see how long it lasts. On Thursday, when he was feeling decent, he was able to do a two hour sub job for a librarian. It is the first job that he has had since October. Like I said, it was only two hours, but at least it was something. Katarina has fallen in love with her pink blanket. She likes the texture of it. Sometimes it even helps calm her down or put her to sleep. She is just like her mom. When I was growing up I had a "slinky", a piece of material that I liked and it calmed me down. I think that Katarina is going to be very tactile like I am. We spent a lot of time with Jayme's parents this week. They were very gracious in feeding us to offset some of the burden of Jayme being sick. They fed us very well. We had leg of lamb, bbq salmon, and sweet pork tacos.

If they keep this up I may have to convince Jayme to get sick more often. I only had to clean the kitchen twice this week. We also got to see my dad this week.. He came down for Ross's last home game. Ross played well, his team won and it was fun to see everyone. Finally, we went to my mom's yesterday to celebrate birthdays, Jayme's and my 3 year old nephew, Ethan. We are so glad that we live so close to so much family. They are so much support and it is so fun to watch Katarina interact with them all. It is time for me to finish, Katarina is trying to help me type and it just isn't working out too well.


P.S. Here is our tag picture, the fourth picture in our fourth picture file. Our files are alphabetically organized and February is the fourth file, so this picture is less than a month old but is me blowing out the candles of my birthday cake at my mom's house.
P.P.S. I tried to edit a few pictures and arrangement for Virginia, but some pictures were sideways and some got accidentally removed. Deal with it.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

awwwww, what a cutie she is! And still...I can't believe how BIG she is getting!