Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!











My New Year's resolution is to update our blog every Sunday. Hopefully that will satisfy all of those who have been getting on our case as of late. I know Halloween was a long time ago (the last post doesn't count, Jayme's sister Jackie posted that for us) but a lot of things have been going on and our blog just wasn't a priority. I'll try to quickly catch you up and then I'll keep things updated weekly. We spent Thanksgiving up in Astoria with my dad. We had a very nice time and my dad took lots of wonderful pictures of Katarina. On our way home I started bleeding. I bled for two hours so when we got home we went straight to the ER. I had an emergency D&C in which there were a few complications and I ended up with a blood transfusion of four units. We spent the next couple of weeks recovering. We are very grateful that we live so close to family. We received a lot of help from them. Then came Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve with my mom and family and Christmas day with Jayme's family. It was really nice to be with family. From Jayme's parents we got a new camera, partially in an effort to encourage us to take pictures for the blog. I have already put it to good use. I am enjoying being able to take good pictures. Last week we spent a lot of time with Jayme's family, including New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. On the 28th Katarina had her baby blessing at home. Most of our immediate family was able to attend including Jayme's grandfather and his wife. It was a beautiful experience. We love having Katarina as part of our family. She is a happy and healthy child. During our two month check up, the doctor said that she couldn't be any healthier and he was also very impressed with her muscle tone. She is a strong little girl. Now we just need to work on her sleeping skills. For the past little while she she has slept during the day and has been up most of the night. In an effort to have her sleep during the night we have forced her up during the day. It helped for a day or two and now she doesn't sleep at all, except for a cat nap here or there or when she is in some one's arms. Every day is a new adventure.

1 comment:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

those pictures of kayden holding katarina are SO cute!! I love it!